Interview by Jessica Clingempeel | May 10, 2020 | Offical Facebook
Some quarantine fun with Brittney from Unleash the Archers!
- What made you want to become a musician?
I don’t think I had much of a choice! I have been singing since I could speak, and the moment I was allowed to I joined the community choir. Something had to be done, I was annoying the crap out of my family 😉
- What are some of your hobbies outside of music/career?
I love movies, video games, books, and comic books. Luckily those are all things I can still do when I’m on tour!
- If you had to be anyone else for a day, who would that be and why?
I would be Elon Musk, just to have one day where I could have enough money to make all my crazy ideas become a reality J
- Do you have any pets?
Yes, I have two cats. A grey tabby named Silas who is 18 and lives with my parents, and a black and white Norwegian Forest Cat named Cowpanda who is an absolute floof.
- What is your favourite animal?
I would have to say the snow leopard, because they are so fluffy, and they have these huge pancake paws that are just adorable.
- Are you a Herbivore, Carnivore, or Omnivore?
I am a pescatarian, but I try to avoid fish as well. I will only eat it if there is absolutely nothing vegetarian on the menu.
- A new law has passed where only one genre of music is allowed, which would you choose? (It is totally alright if you choose Disney music! No judgment here.)
I would probably choose classical, there is so much variety and I never get sick of it.
- What is your favourite country?
Canada, obvs! I travel a lot and no matter where I go I always come home even more proud of my country than I was before.
- What foods do you love to devour?
Mint Chip Ice Cream J And sour patch kids of course! I am not a big foodie, honestly if we all just had machines that would spit out a smoothie with all the nutrition we needed I would just eat that, but candy is my weakness!
- Apple or Android? 😉
- Where are you from?
The same place I live, Vancouver, BC, Canada!
- What was your favourite possession as a child?
My little purple boombox!
- What is your favourite possession now?
I know it’s weird to think of him as a possession hahaha but definitely Cowpanda 😉
- What motto do you live by?
It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks, ever.
- Do you play video games? If so, what do you like playing the most?
I am a fan of FPSs, but third person is cool too. I’ll try pretty much anything except turn-based play, I can’t stand those types of games!
- Which gaming platform do you prefer?
I’m in love with my Switch right now, but I have no preference. We have a PS4 but when the new Xbox comes out I think we might get that too.
- Any particular soundtrack you would recommend to people?
Interstellar, Prometheus, True Romance, Gladiator, Skyrim 😉
- Are you into any comics, manga, or anime?
Tons of comics! East of West, Black Science, Descender, Saga, Monstress, Seven To Eternity, Y the Last Man… As for Anime, I love Castlevania on Netflix, also Neon Genesis Evangelion, Attack on Titan, and Fullmetal Alchemist are good ones.
- You are now stuck on an island with only one item (cannot be phone.) What is the item you choose?
My laptop! Hahaha ok I’m sure that’s cheating as well 😉 I would have to say my Switch then, and an internet connection!
- What is your favourite colour?
Black, of course. And mint, I love mint…
- You can bring one famous figure from our past back to life, who do you choose and why?
Wow, this is a really hard question! There are so many… But I’d have to go with Nicola Tesla. I’d love to see the amazing ideas he would have with access to today’s technology!
- Any embarrassing moments to tell?
I mean, who doesn’t? But I honestly can’t think of any right now…
- Were you a good student or a class clown in school?
I was good when I wanted to be, and my grades weren’t horrible, but I hated school and I skipped class a lot.
- Ocean or Mountains?
Both! (Just google Vancouver!)
- If you had to play in a film, what kind of part would you want to play?
Oh I would totally be the one chick that lives to the end of the horror movie and ends up killing the bad guy with his own axe 😉
Top 5 Musicians/Bands
Top 5 Shows/Movies
The Princess Bride
The Fifth Element
Top 5 Books
The Black Company series by Glen Cook
The Dune hexology by Frank Herbert
The Revelation Space trilogy by Alastair Reynolds
The Song Of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin
The First Law series by Joe Abercrombie
Leave a Reply